Ingredients for Oven Kabocha Squash:
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Scrub the squash cut in half and scoop out the seeds
- Place halves on a lightly oiled baking dish and cover baking for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and wait 5-10 minutes to cool off.
- Slice the Kabocha to your liking and serve.
Ingredients for the Oven Butternut Squash recipe:
- Brown sugar.
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut it long ways in half.
- Scrap off the seeds (throw away).
- Place halves on a large baking sheet flesh side up.
- Place 1 teaspoon butter in the middle of each squash half.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over each squash.
- Season with salt and pepper to liking.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until flesh is fork tender.